Belarusian-Chinese Friendship Society
Association “Belarus-China” was founded in 1960 as the part of Belarusian Society of Friendship and cultural contacts with foreign countries.
Aims and Objectives
The main aim of the Association is to consolidate bilateral relations between society of Belarus and China, deepen knowledge of Belarusian in Chinese achievements of culture, science, economy, education, popu-larise Belarusian culture in China
Carrying out its objectives, the Association interacts with Chinese Embassy in the Republic of Belarus, Belarusian representatives in China, state and public organisations.
Forms of work:
Traditional forms of work are Days of China in Minsk, during these days there are actions devoted to national holidays, special dates or other important events of social and cultural life of China; literary and musical evening parties which show spiritual wealth of Chinese poetry and strengthen Belarusian – Chinese literature relations; round-table discussion about economic achievements of China for the last year, about Chinese tradi-tions, philosophy; performances of Chinese students; demonstrations of films about China; exhibitions; delega-tion interchanges.
The most active members:
Since 2004 the Chairman of the Association “Belarus-China” is presented by V.Rusakevich, the Minis-ter of Information of the Republic of Belarus.
Members of the Association Board of directors are famous public men of the Republic of Belarus: A.Vertinsky, S. Paniznik, poets, V.Shadursky, a professor, E.Zaricky, a composer and people's actor, V. Gilep, the Chairman of Belarusian Fond of Culture.
Numerous active members take part in implementation of public programmes free of charge.
The main Chinese partners are presented by the Chinese National Society of Friendship with Foreign Countries and the Shanghai National Society of Friendship with Foreign Countries.
Activities of “Belarus-China” Association
2008 saw the Association hold:
1. An evening party dedicated to the Chinese New Year celebration
2. Literary and musical evening party titled “Dumy tikhoy nochju” (Quiet Night Thought) dedicated to the life and literary activity of Li Bai, a Chinese poet.
3. An evening party of the Chinese youth.
4. An opening of a photo exhibition dedicated to China.
5. An evening party dedicated to the 59-th anniversary of the formation of the People’s Republic of China. An opening of the photo exhibition.
2009 is going to see the Association to hold the following events:
1. “Planet China” – days of China in Minsk:
1.1. An evening party, dedicated to the 17th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations be-tween the PRC and the RB.
1.2. An evening party dedicated to celebration the Chinese New Year.
2. A number of events dedicated to the Day of Chinese Youth
2.1. The demonstration of “Early Spring in February” the motion picture.
2.2. “A Young China” – an evening party dedicated to the “Day of Youth” with participation of Belaru-sian and Chinese students.
2.3. “Belarus-China: ways to friendship and mutual understanding” – an evening party dedicated to Belarus-China friendship and cooperation.
3. Days of China in Minsk dedicated to 60th anniversary of formation of the PRC.
The following evening parties will be held within the frameworks of the Days:
3.1. The Grand Opening of the Days in partnership with the embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the Republic of Belarus.
3.2. The Grand Opening of the exhibition dedicated to China.
3.3. “A dialogue with Du Fu” – literary and musical evening party dedicated to the life and literary ac-tivity of Du Fu, a Chinese poet.
3.4. “A Round Table” – “Prospects for Trade and Economic Cooperation between the PRC and the RB”
The Association has always been open for cooperation, introduction of new forms of work. Today, the Association invites all connoisseurs of the Chinese art to take part in its activity.
Scheme of work of “Belarus-China” association for 2010
With a view to strengthen the Belarus-China friendship and mutual understanding, develop and deepen mutual ties between citizens and public organisations of the Republic of Belarus and the Peoples Republic of China the following shall be prepared and carried out:
A Cycle of Events “PLANET CHINA”
Following events will be held within the cycle:
1. “Chronicles of Chinese cinema: hystory and modernity”.
The demonstration of documentaries and feature films previously commented by representatives from the Chinese Embassy.
2. «Chinese music traditions».
2.1. An informative evening “Behind the Scene of Chinese opera”
2.2. Chinese traditional music evening party. February
3. “Ethnic and cultural legacy and harmonious unity”
Evening parties dedicated to national minorities and provinces of the PRC. March, weekly
4. “Chinese literature: classics and modernity ”
4.1 “Let a hundred flowers bloom” – an evening party dedicated to Chinese poetry and classical translations into the Russian and the Belarusian languages. April
4.2 “Young voices ” – a literature evening party of Chinese works translated by students into Russian and Belarusian dedicated to the Days of Youth in China. May
5. A festive evening dedicated to the establishments of diplomatic relations between the PRC and the RB. January
6. Days of China in Minsk, dedicated to the 61st anniversary of the PRC formation
Following events shall be held within the frameworks of the Days:
6.1. A press-conference for Belarusian journalists
6.2. Photo exhibition dedicated to modern achievements of the PRC
6.3. An evening party dedicated to the friendship between Belarus and China with representatives of the China Overseas Friendship Association participating in it.
6.4. A round table “Belarus-China economic cooperation: topicality and prospects” with the participation of business community, students and mass media. August-September-October.
EVENTS THAT TOOK PLACE IN Q1
1. An evening party dedicated to the 18th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the Republic of Belarus and the People’s Republic of China.
January 18, 2010 at 17:00
2. Premiere of a feature film “Volunteers” (a cinema in Chinese with Russian subtitles)
February 8, 2010 at 16:00
3. An informative evening “Musical legacy of China”
February 19 (Friday), 2010 at 16:00
4. An informative evening “Mysteries of Beijing Opera”
February 25 (Thursday), 2010 at 16:00
5. Premiere of a feature film “The King Go and his son” (a cinema in Chinese with Russian subtitles)
March 4 (Thursday), 2010 at 16:00